Need assistance navigating the world of Medicare and Medicaid? RSVP has volunteers who can provide assistance through the MMAP program.
MMAP is a free health-benefit counseling service with the goal of helping you find your way through the health benefits maze. MMAP counselors are trained in Medicare and Medicaid law and regulations, health insurance counseling and relevant insurance products. MMAP counselors are not connected with any insurance company, nor are they licensed to sell insurance. Their purpose is to serve you objectively and confidentially.
Currently, MMAP has hundreds of highly trained and certified counselors across the State. These volunteers, answer questions and act as guides through the Medicare and Medicaid programs, by helping you:
- Identify resources for prescription drug assistance
- Explain Medicare Health Plan Options
- Understand doctor bills, hospital bills and Medicare Summary Notices
- Understand Medicare/Medicaid eligibility, enrollment, coverage, claims and appeals
- Enroll in Medicare Savings Programs
- Review your Medicare supplemental (“Medigap”) insurance needs, compare policies and pursue claims and refunds
- Explore long term care financing options, including long term care insurance
- Identify and report Medicare/Medicaid fraud and abuse.
If you would like to schedule an appointment to meet with a MMAP counselor to discuss Medicare and Medicaid programs, please contact UPCAP by calling 211.