Additional EH Programs and Services
The Environmental Health Division is responsible for a wide array of programs offered to the general public. In many instances, the Environmental Health Division works as a liaison with other local, state and federal agencies to provide these services.
The following general environmental health programs are provided by the Environmental Health Division in the pursuit of improving public health, welfare and the environment:
- Bathing Beach Inspection Program
- Campground Inspections
- Child Care and Adult Foster Care Inspections
- Complaint Investigations
- Mercury Awareness & Clean-up
- Public Swimming Pool/Spa Inspections
- Radon Testing & Consultation
- Septage Hauler Licensing
- Tattoo and Body Art Establishment Regulation
If you have any specific questions regarding these services, or have an environmental health concern, please contact your nearest office location. Immediate concerns should be directed to (906) 482-7382, Monday thru Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm (EST).