Maternal & Infant Health Program (MIHP)
MIHP is a program for all pregnant Michigan women and infants with Medicaid coverage. MIHP works to promote healthy pregnancies, good birth outcomes, and healthy infants, through home and office visits with nurses, social workers, and dieticians to address the needs of mom and baby. Additionally, MIHP links enrollees with community resources to provide additional support to mom & baby.
- Assistance with prenatal care
- Education on pregnancy, labor, delivery, breast-feeding and parenting
- Assistance with healthy lifestyle changes, including nutrition, smoking cessation, and refraining from alcohol and drugs.
- Information regarding birth control.
- Referrals and assistance in securing housing, counseling, or other community services
- Help if you’re concerned about abuse/violence against you or your child.