July 6, 2020 – WUPHD has identified multiple local establishments visited by individuals who later tested positive for COVID-19. Individuals visiting these locations may be at a higher risk for exposure if large crowds were present and masking and social distancing guidelines were not consistently followed.
The identified locations include:
- Keweenaw Brewing Company, 408 Shelden Ave, Houghton, MI, on June 26th through June 29th.
- Downtowner Lounge, 100 Shelden Ave, Houghton, MI, on June 27th.
- Mosquito Inn, 39959 M-26, Toivola, MI, on June 27th.
- Agate Beach Campground, M-26, Toivola, MI, on June 27th,
- Twin Lakes State Park, M-26, Toivola, MI on June 27th through June 29th.
- Applebees, 980 Razorback Drive, Houghton, MI on June 28th, from 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM.
- Portage Lake Golf Course, 46789 US-41, Houghton, MI, on June 28th and June 29th.
If you visited any of these locations on dates/times listed, or have had close contact with someone who visited these sites on the dates listed, please monitor yourself for symptoms of COVID-19. If you have or develop symptoms such as cough, fever, or shortness of breath, call your healthcare provider and inform them of potential exposure to Coronavirus. Symptoms will typically appear within 2 to 14 days of the exposure.
For general information call the WUPHD COVID-19 call center at (906) 487-5545, Monday through Friday, from 8 AM to 4 PM.
If your symptoms worsen to the point of needing emergency care, please call 911 and notify the dispatcher of your symptoms and potential exposure.