PLEASE NOTE: Our field season is now over & will resume in the Spring of 2024. However, we will be accepting applications throughout the winter months and will schedule appointments in the order in which received.
A site evaluation is the first step in determining if a parcel of land without access to municipal wastewater services can be considered for an on-site septic system. After a Request for Service Application has been made for an evaluation, a sanitarian will visit the proposed site to determine if the conditions on the site meet the requirements of the sanitary code. Issues considered and examined during the evaluation include:
- Soil type and permeability
- Depth to seasonal high water table
- Horizontal separation distance from wells, surface waters, property lines
- Amount of suitable area available
- Area hydrogeology
- Runoff patterns
- Proposed land use
- Easements, right-of-ways, & building setbacks
- Location of buried utilities and other site improvements
- Existing development on adjacent lots
To initiate a site evaluation, please complete our Request for Service Application.
Additional resources related to new system construction include: