The New Points Syringe Service Program provides encourages strategies aimed at reducing the health risks of drug use until individuals are ready for recovery. Services are Free and Confidential.
Supplies & Services Available:
- Safe Injection Supplies: syringes, cookers, cotton filters, sterile water, ascorbic acid, and tourniquets (ties)
- Syringe Disposal: on-site disposal of used syringes and various sharps containers for at home use
- Overdose Prevention Training: naloxone nasal spray, rescue breathing barriers, gloves, and overdose prevention education
- Safer sex supplies: condoms & lube
- Wound Care Supplies: alcohol pads, triple antibiotic ointment, bandages
- HIV & Hepatitis C Testing
- Peer Recovery Coach: peer support for individuals with questions about recovery and treatment options
New Points is open to everyone. You may pick up supplies for yourself or someone else. A staff person will help determine which supplies and services may be helpful. All discussions are confidential and visitors do no need to answer questions to receive supplies.
Location:New Points Syringe Service Program- Houghton
Houghton, MI 49931
Ph: 906-482-7382 x103 Office Hours:
Thursday: 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Additional Syringe Service Program Information and Resources: