Western UP Health Department

Leading The Community Toward Better Health

    • Contrast
    • Layout
    • Font
People wait in line to buy snack food at a traveling summer carnival.

A Transitory Food Unit (TFU) is a food service operation that serves a limited menu from an enclosed trailer or other approved layout. Once licensed, an TFU can operate throughout the State of Michigan.

Requirements to Operate a Transitory Food Unit (TFU)