Western UP Health Department

Leading The Community Toward Better Health

    • Contrast
    • Layout
    • Font

There are several ways to complain about violations of COVID-19 emergency orders and mandated safety precautions. Always include complete details like location, date, type of violation, what the risk was, any evidence that it happened, contact info of the violator.

Complaints related to worker health: MIOSHA
Call: 855 723-3219 or
Online Submission Employee Safety or Health Hazards Complaint Form

Complaints related to gas stations, grocery stores, bakeries, farmer’s markets, other retail establishments that sell food: Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development (MDARD).
Call: 800-292-3939 Or
MDARD Online complaint submission Form.

For complaints about licensed healthcare facilities, health care providers, of personal care providers, please visit Michigan Department of Licensing & Regulatory Affairs (LARA) Compliant page or submit via email at BPL-Complaints@michigan.gov.

Complaints related to restaurants in the Western UP jurisdiction, please contact the health department at 482-7382 x.119

If you need help finding a complaint form, contact the MDHHS COVID-19 Hotline at 1-888-535-6136. The hotline is also able to help fill out some complaint forms and connect you with a translator, if needed. The hotline is open Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Have a concern related to health and safety during COVID-19 re-opening not listed here? Click to view additional Michigan Reporting Forms