We are excited to see you back in our WIC clinics! Whether this will be your first visit, or it has been a long time, here is some information to help make your appointment go smoothly.
Michigan WIC was able to modify services during the public health emergency for the COVID-19 pandemic. Starting August 10, we will return to full services in our WIC clinics across the state. We look forward to seeing you in our offices and are happy to offer our full services to better support you and your family.
An in-person WIC appointment is the first step. Your visits to our WIC clinics let us check your and your child’s growth and health. It also helps us give your family the best resources and referrals.
Our in-person services include:
- Weighing and measuring to ensure good growth and development
- Checking iron levels
- Providing nutrition counseling to you and your family’s questions and concerns
- Breastfeeding support
- Nutrition classes and support groups (at some locations)
- Providing personalized referrals to other programs and services
During your appointment, WIC will need to verify your identification, address, income, and pregnancy, if you are pregnant.
Watch for your appointment reminder that will give you more details about what is needed for your next visit.
- Proof of Identification
- Proof of Where You Live – Your Physical Address
- Proof of Income Eligibility
- Proof of Pregnancy – If Pregnant
- Michigan WIC clients can set up an account to perform tasks such as:
- Ask for an appointment
- Find out when your next appointment is
- Update your family information
- Find out your benefit balance
- Find WIC locations and stores
- Sign WIC forms